Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Modify of preview app of Mac

I usually use the "preview" to edit pdf file. such as drag a jpg file into the preview opened pdf file. before update the Mac system, jpg file can directly generate a page fit in the pdf. now, large white margin exist. could you please find the issue and develop it?

Posted on Apr 20, 2023 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 4:07 AM

YQPANG wrote:

I usually use the "preview" to edit pdf file. such as drag a jpg file into the preview opened pdf file. before update the Mac system, jpg file can directly generate a page fit in the pdf.

Just to clarify something, you can add images to a PDF file and consequently add pages.

now, large white margin exist. could you please find the issue and develop it?

If the image is smaller than the document a border will be created. The smaller the image, the bigger the border. That's been true since Monterey at least.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2023 4:07 AM in response to YQPANG

YQPANG wrote:

I usually use the "preview" to edit pdf file. such as drag a jpg file into the preview opened pdf file. before update the Mac system, jpg file can directly generate a page fit in the pdf.

Just to clarify something, you can add images to a PDF file and consequently add pages.

now, large white margin exist. could you please find the issue and develop it?

If the image is smaller than the document a border will be created. The smaller the image, the bigger the border. That's been true since Monterey at least.

Modify of preview app of Mac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.