Apple watch SE series 2 not connecting to airtel postpaid sim

Could anyone please guide me on how to connect my apple watch SE 2 to airtel prepaid no in my iphone 13. Airtel customer care tells me that the watch model is not listed with them.

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 9:07 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 2:34 PM

Thanks for clearing the confusion. Your postpaid SIM should support cellular service for any currently marketed Apple Watch.

Your comment is <interesting> because it appears Apple Watch SE is marketed in India, so there is no reason Airtel would not support it. I think they need to be challenged, and if no success be prepared to escalate the problem to Airtel Supervisors.

Please see Apple Watch SE - Apple (IN) for the evidence. That page tags footnote (5) for cellular capability with the SE, and in turn the footnote references Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support (IN)

Apple's page Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple (IN). shows clearly that Apple Watch SE is supported in India, with models:

• Model A2726 (40mm)
  • Model A2727 (44mm)

I suggest you check the model number of your Apple Watch.

As far as I know these are the current worldwide / international (non-USA) version of Apple Watch SE which you describe as Watch SE 2nd generation. The original Apple Watch SE has been discontinued for some time, and there is only one version (second generation) available now. However, note that the USA/North America version uses different radio frequencies and if you have purchased on overseas it will not be supported outside its home region.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2023 2:34 PM in response to Veecee81

Thanks for clearing the confusion. Your postpaid SIM should support cellular service for any currently marketed Apple Watch.

Your comment is <interesting> because it appears Apple Watch SE is marketed in India, so there is no reason Airtel would not support it. I think they need to be challenged, and if no success be prepared to escalate the problem to Airtel Supervisors.

Please see Apple Watch SE - Apple (IN) for the evidence. That page tags footnote (5) for cellular capability with the SE, and in turn the footnote references Set up cellular on Apple Watch - Apple Support (IN)

Apple's page Apple Watch - Carriers - Apple (IN). shows clearly that Apple Watch SE is supported in India, with models:

• Model A2726 (40mm)
  • Model A2727 (44mm)

I suggest you check the model number of your Apple Watch.

As far as I know these are the current worldwide / international (non-USA) version of Apple Watch SE which you describe as Watch SE 2nd generation. The original Apple Watch SE has been discontinued for some time, and there is only one version (second generation) available now. However, note that the USA/North America version uses different radio frequencies and if you have purchased on overseas it will not be supported outside its home region.

Apr 21, 2023 10:44 AM in response to Veecee81

There is confusion in your post the subject line says "postpaid" and the message body says "prepaid". The difference could be important if you are trying to activate the cellular version of the Apple Watch. In most cases a cellular service for the watch is not available with a prepaid SIM for the host iPhone.

if you are simply trying to activate your Apple Watch SE using the Bluetooth function to pair with your iPhone, it should work for any current iPhone. See the notes and just follow the steps in in Apple's support document Set up your Apple Watch - Apple Support

Apr 21, 2023 10:53 AM in response to Branta_uk

Hi Branta,

Apologise for the confusion. Am actually using an Airtel postpaid connection and am unable to activate the mobile data option in my apple watch. Everytime when i try to connect, it shows the esim is paired to another watch. Since i was using a samsung watch before, i called the airtel customer servive almost 8 times in 4 days and got it unpaired. But still when i tru to connect, first time it will show as network error and the second time it shows that esim is already paired.

the last call i had with airtel, they tols me that apple watch SE 2nd gen is not in airtels list of watches in which esim can be activated. I do have a cellular model but still not able to connect.

Apple watch SE series 2 not connecting to airtel postpaid sim

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.