Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

I need security protection on my iPhones

Need security protection on my phones

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 9:48 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 5:11 PM

See:

Use the built-in privacy and security protections of iPhone – Apple Support (AU)

DO keep in mind that the iPhone’s greatest security vulnerability is the human using it.

In that area, see this as well:

Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

6 replies

Apr 23, 2023 7:21 PM in response to RedwoodHearts

RedwoodHearts Said:

"I need security protection on my iPhones: Need security protection on my phones"

-------

Properly Securing your iPhone:

A. Malwarebytes Mobile Security:

The free version blocks popups. The paid version block out known spam number. So, consider using it. Read the following post to see how to use this software: Blocked numbers - Apple Community

B. Clear Temporary Internet Files:

Apr 21, 2023 5:04 PM in response to RedwoodHearts

Your iPhones out of the box are the most secure phones in the world. If that isn’t good enough then you can enable Lockdown Mode→About Lockdown Mode - Apple Support. For more details→Harden your iPhone from a cyberattack with Lockdown Mode - Apple Support

While this will make your phone practically impregnable, it will also severely limit the features of the phone that you can use. So unless you are a high government official, a journalist in a country with a repressive government, or a drug lord Lockdown Mode is probably overkill.

Apr 21, 2023 5:04 PM in response to RedwoodHearts

You have all the security that you will ever need if you do not let anyone else use your phone or provide them with your Apple ID and Password.

Please don't fall for all the hype about needing a "VPN" on your phone, if you might have heard some of the misleading claims that companies are using to try to sell this useless software. True, it is a big cash cow for the guys selling this stuff, but it will do nothing useful for your phone.

I need security protection on my iPhones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.