software update window saying iOS 16.4.1 has been completed by when I click ok the window doesn't close and my phone is frozen

how do I get a window announcing an update for 16.4.1 has been completed yet when I click the ok prompt the window doesn't close

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 6:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 6:49 PM

Hello! I’d recommend completing a soft reset of your device.

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, followed by the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. This will not erase your data but can help resolve minor software issues.

The freezing is likely a software issue. This should help it. Let me know if the issue persists!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2023 6:49 PM in response to 3Zwo4wA7

Hello! I’d recommend completing a soft reset of your device.

Press and quickly release the Volume Up button, followed by the Volume Down button. Then, press and hold the Side button until the Apple logo appears on the screen. This will not erase your data but can help resolve minor software issues.

The freezing is likely a software issue. This should help it. Let me know if the issue persists!

Apr 21, 2023 7:00 PM in response to 3Zwo4wA7

3Zwo4wA7 Said:

"software update window saying iOS 16.4.1 has been completed by when I click ok the window doesn't close and my phone is frozen: how do I get a window announcing an update for 16.4.1 has been completed yet when I click the ok prompt the window doesn't close"

-------

Troubleshooting a Frozen iPhone Screen:

I'd say the iPhone is stuck in a boot loop. This can typically occur when install an update, and it got stuck while in the process.  So, refer to my user tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip.

Apr 21, 2023 6:59 PM in response to 3Zwo4wA7

3Zwo4wA7 Said:

"software update window saying iOS 16.4.1 has been completed by when I click ok the window doesn't close and my phone is frozen: how do I get a window announcing an update for 16.4.1 has been completed yet when I click the ok prompt the window doesn't close"

-------

Start with Unfreezing this:

Unfreeze your iPhone, seeing if all proceeds.

Troubleshooting a Frozen iPhone:

Try the Tips at these Apple Support Links:

software update window saying iOS 16.4.1 has been completed by when I click ok the window doesn't close and my phone is frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.