macos 12.6.5 + ios 12.5.5 calendar sync + finder sync

Hi,

anyone running macos 12.6.5 and iOS 12.5.5. I noticed that my calendar has stopped syncing. Was wondering if anyone else has any issues for it not to sync?

It was syncing previously but not it isn't.

It doesn't show the calendars in finder sync in the info section.

Posted on Apr 21, 2023 10:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 3:27 PM

This resolve the issue for me.

1. Exported individual calendars out.

rm -rf ~/Library/Calendars
rm -rf ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.iCal*
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Scripts/com.apple.iCal*
rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal*

3. reboot computer

4. sync calendar by replacing all

5. add calendars

6. sync calendar by replacing all again

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2023 3:27 PM in response to SU

This resolve the issue for me.

1. Exported individual calendars out.

rm -rf ~/Library/Calendars
rm -rf ~/Library/Containers/com.apple.iCal*
rm -rf ~/Library/Application\ Scripts/com.apple.iCal*
rm ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.iCal*

3. reboot computer

4. sync calendar by replacing all

5. add calendars

6. sync calendar by replacing all again

Apr 23, 2023 2:51 PM in response to SU

Hello SU,

If your calendars aren't syncing on your Mac, start with these steps to see if they resolve the issue for you:

Things to check first
1. Check the system status of iCloud Contacts, Calendars or Reminders for services outages or connection issues.
2. If a reminder isn't appearing on some of your devices, make sure your iPhone and iPad have the latest version of iOS or iPadOS, or that your Mac has the latest version of macOS.
3. Make sure you're signed in to iCloud with the same Apple ID on all of your devices. Then check you've turned on Contacts, Calendars and Reminders in your iCloud settings.
4. Check that the date and time settings on your device are correct for your current location. 

If you checked the settings mentioned above and this behavior persists, work through these suggestions to see if they help:

macOS
After each step, check your contacts, calendars, or reminders.

Refresh your calendars
You can refresh your calendars from the Calendars app:
1. Open the Calendar app.
2. From the View menu, choose Refresh Calendars.
Since the iCloud Birthdays calendar updates hourly, you might not see changes to birthdays in the Contacts or Calendars app for an hour.

Check your default Calendar, Reminders, and Contacts account
If you store and edit your events in iCloud instead of another place, like On My Mac, Exchange, or Google, then iCloud automatically updates your calendars. If you use multiple accounts on your Mac like iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo, make sure that iCloud is your default Calendar account:
1. Open the Calendar app.
2. Choose Calendar > Settings. In macOS Monterey or earlier, choose Calendar > Preferences.
3. In the General tab, make sure that one of your iCloud calendars is the default.

If you store and edit your contacts in iCloud instead of another place, like On My Mac, Exchange, or Google, then iCloud automatically updates your contacts. If you use multiple accounts on your Mac like iCloud, Gmail, and Yahoo, make sure that iCloud is your default Contacts account:
1. Open the Contacts app.
2. Choose Contacts > Accounts.
3. Click the iCloud tab. Make sure that you're signed in with your Apple ID and that Contacts is enabled. 
As long as you've turned on Reminders in iCloud Settings, your iCloud reminders appear on your Mac.

Delete completed or overdue reminders
1. Open the Reminders app.
2. Go to the Today view and check for any overdue reminders.
3. If you find any, check the empty circle to complete the reminder, or delete the reminder.

Repeat these steps on each device that's using iCloud Reminders.
Restart your computer
After you restart your computer, check if you fixed the issue. 

You'll find all this information here: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync - Apple Support

Take care.

macos 12.6.5 + ios 12.5.5 calendar sync + finder sync

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.