Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

I want to change the account used in my child’s iPad, but when I reset, it is still her account that I see. How do I erase her ID in the iPad. Thanks

I want to change the account that was used in my child’s iPad, but when I reset, it is still her account that I see. How do I erase her ID in the iPad. Thanks

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 1:38 AM

2 replies

Apr 22, 2023 4:07 AM in response to alliepomperada0825

Some explanation may be helpful…

If you are preparing the iPad for use by somebody else, you must properly disable the Activation Lock - as otherwise the iPad will remain associated with the AppleID account that was last successfully used to activate the iPad.

To both remove the Activation Lock - and fully erase existing data and sensitive information - you should follow the procedure outlined within this Apple support page:

What to do before you sell, give away, or trade in your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

I want to change the account used in my child’s iPad, but when I reset, it is still her account that I see. How do I erase her ID in the iPad. Thanks

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.