search results in apple tv app

When I search in the Apple TV + app is it possible to limit my search results only to content I'm already subscribed to? More specifically, if I'm doing a search for a movie with the word "Book" in the title the results list contains both things that I can watch & things that I have to buy. I like to know it's available to buy, but it's a pain to go through the list and check each movie individually to find the ones I can watch when I don't want to spend more money. I am not talking about searching the library of things I've already purchased. (Although it would be nice to have those identified too). This applies to the app on any platform I've tried (mostly through Roku but also on my iPad & iPhone).

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 12:59 PM

4 replies

Apr 24, 2023 9:21 AM in response to DesertBooks

Hi DesertBooks,

For help with viewing your purchased content in the Apple TV+ app, check out the information below found in the article here: Library in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

"The Library screen in the Apple TV app includes your purchases and rentals, organized by category.

Note: Not all devices support on-device transactions, so you may not be able to buy, rent, or subscribe to shows or channels directly. However, you can sign in with your Apple ID to watch items you’ve already purchased, rented, or subscribed to on other devices.

Browse your Library in the Apple TV app

1. Open the Apple TV app TV app on your smart TV, streaming device, or gaming console.
  2. Navigate to Library, then browse items, or select a category or genre to filter items."

You can also find out more about how search works from the page here: Search in the Apple TV app

Feel free to also leave feature feedback for Apple directly here: Feedback - Apple TV App - Apple

Cheers.

search results in apple tv app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.