Can I change my iPhone 14 backup to my iCloud account on Microsoft 365?

iPhone 14 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 2:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 2:54 PM

No, you can backup to either iCloud or a computer. This document outlines the various ways you can back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch --> How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch - Apple Support

8 replies

Apr 23, 2023 8:32 AM in response to Phil0124

I'm just trying to use a different iCloud account. I already learned I can't back it up to my One Drive account. Wasn't happy about that but understand. However, I have an iCloud account through Microsoft 365 that I would like to use as my phone backups as I have 1TB of storage whereas the iCloud account my phone is trying to use is already full.

Apr 24, 2023 7:40 PM in response to JoeyWro

JoeyWro wrote:

Thanks. I'm trying to learn how to change WHICH iCloud account my phone backup uses. It's still iCloud - it's just my iCloud I got with Microsoft 365.

Microsoft 365 does not give out iCloud accounts. Microsoft 365 uses Outlook accounts which in turn have One Drive cloud Storage which has nothing to do with iCloud.

if you have an Apple ID account, that uses a Hotmail or Outlook email address as its identifier, you can log in to that in Settings ➡️ Account (top of settings) on your iPhone. The iCloud account would be tied the email address shown there on your iPhone. But again, this has nothing to do with Microsoft 365 accounts in any way shape or form except as a “user name” for the Apple ID:

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.