Sign in with Apple id - on MacBook Air not accepting my Apple ID and also doesn't accept Mail account

I have been given a MacBook Air at my work. When I try to sign in with my Apple id, it just keeps on coming back to the screen asking for Apple ID. If I type the wrong password, it gives the message that the id or password is wrong, which makes me believe that it is checking with the iCloud. But, when the correct details are entered, it goes into the loop.

Another possibly connected problem is that I am not able to add any email accounts to the internet accounts. Again, all the steps up to the login are fine, when it comes to add it freezes and you have to cancel the operation.

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 22, 2023 6:42 PM

"Sign in with Apple id - on MacBook Air not accepting my Apple ID and also doesn't accept Mail account

I have been given a MacBook Air at my work.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting a Business Device:

Contact your Tech Department:

If this is a business owned device, then I'd advise you to stop filling with it and contact your Technical Department at work. If it their device --so, they should perform the fixes.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 22, 2023 6:42 PM in response to Manish_Tanna

"Sign in with Apple id - on MacBook Air not accepting my Apple ID and also doesn't accept Mail account

I have been given a MacBook Air at my work.[...]"

-------

Troubleshooting a Business Device:

Contact your Tech Department:

If this is a business owned device, then I'd advise you to stop filling with it and contact your Technical Department at work. If it their device --so, they should perform the fixes.

Sign in with Apple id - on MacBook Air not accepting my Apple ID and also doesn't accept Mail account

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.