No Whatsapp Notifications in Notification Centre

I suddenly stopped getting notifications on my iPhone 14 Pro. It however does show a red icon that there is a new message or more ... but when I swipe down Whatsapp doesn't appear in the Notification Centre. I did a hard reset and also reset Location & Privacy. All the correct settings are in place ... but still nothing works. The very same thing happened on my previous iPhone 13 Pro. Anybody else experiencing the same issue? All my other apps seem to be working just fine.

iPhone 14 Pro

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 12:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 6, 2024 3:55 PM

Backup your WhatsApp data in iCloud, delete WhatsApp, restart your iPhone and install WhatsApp again, I guarantee this will fix thee notification issue. You can explore more solution here too if you want: 9 Ways to Fix WhatsApp Notifications Not Showing on iPhone

59 replies

Oct 1, 2023 2:20 PM in response to Problem_in_Whatsapp

Yes exact the same with me and I have raised many time with Apple customer care , they either hung up the phone or they dont have any solution and repeat the same answer "reset your phone" ..or speak with whatApp. can someone raise this to Apple head office .. I am planing to buy iphone 15 pro max and if it happens the same with .. it will be disaster ..

Apr 23, 2023 1:54 PM in response to betsie16

Here's some extra steps you can take.

1. Check WhatsApp notification settings: Open the WhatsApp app, go to "Settings" > "Notifications" and ensure that notifications are enabled for messages, groups, and calls.

2. Check iPhone notification settings: Go to "Settings" > "Notifications" > scroll down and find "WhatsApp." Ensure that "Allow Notifications" is toggled on, and configure the notification settings according to your preferences.

3. Check Do Not Disturb settings: Ensure that Do Not Disturb is not enabled, as this could be suppressing notifications. Go to "Settings" > "Do Not Disturb" and check the settings.

4. Check battery optimization settings: Go to "Settings" > "Battery" and check if your iPhone is in Low Power Mode. If it is, disable it as background app activity may be limited, affecting notifications.

5. Update WhatsApp: Go to the App Store, search for "WhatsApp," and check if there's an update available.

6. Reinstall WhatsApp: Consider deleting and reinstalling the WhatsApp app. Before doing this, make sure you back up your chat history to iCloud. After reinstalling the app, restore your chat history and check if notifications work properly.

Additionally, you can report the issue to WhatsApp support so they can investigate and address the problem in future updates.

CF

Oct 21, 2023 7:32 AM in response to betsie16

I started to have the exact same problem today

WA business is working fine but my WhatsApp is not working

only WhatsApp calls notifications are coming through but not the messages notifications

i did everything possible

reset notifications setting

made sure all notifications are enabled

but still not working 😞

No Whatsapp Notifications in Notification Centre

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.