HP Printer shows Offline after Ventura 13.1 update

My HP OfficeJet Pro 6380 printer shows Offline since I installed Ventura 13.1 on my MacBook Pro. It is online on the same WIFI network as the MacBook. It worked perfectly until the OS update. It still works perfectly for my wife's MacBook Air running Monterey 12.1, my iPhone, a Dell PC and other devices connected to the same network. I have tried reinstalling it as a new printer on my updated MacBook. It will print test pages, etc from the HPSmart App on the same updated MacBook, but that doesn't change the "Offline" status in Mac System Settings and Office apps on the MacBook.

MacBook Pro (M1, 2020)

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 7:05 PM

Go to System Settings -> Printers & Scanners. Right-click the HP printer and choose, Reset Printing System. All printers will be removed.

Install HP Smart from the App Store then add the printer. This installs additional HP software and fully supports all features.

Alternative: Just add the printer via AirPrint. The printer will be automatically detected. Should work for print and scan.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 23, 2023 7:05 PM in response to derbyden

Go to System Settings -> Printers & Scanners. Right-click the HP printer and choose, Reset Printing System. All printers will be removed.

Install HP Smart from the App Store then add the printer. This installs additional HP software and fully supports all features.

Alternative: Just add the printer via AirPrint. The printer will be automatically detected. Should work for print and scan.

Sep 27, 2023 10:00 AM in response to derbyden

If HP 6380 printer showing you offline message after the update then you have to update the HP Drivers using HP Smart app.

1. Firslty Delete the HP Smart app from the Mac.
  2. Go to System Settings > Printers & Scanners.
  3. Now Select the HP 6380 Printer and Right-click on the printer and click on , Reset Printing System.
  4. This will remove all the printers from the computer.
  5. Give a restart to your Mac and Install the HP Smart App again on the computer.
  6. Now Add printer to HP Smart app.
  7. In the same time You have to add the printer again using AirPrint.
  8. This process will install all the drivers related to your HP 6380 printer with your updated OS.

Apr 23, 2023 7:20 PM in response to James Brickley

I mentioned that I reinstalled the printer and rebooted my computer with no effect. I hadn't tried disconnecting the wiFi on the printer side because I was still able to print from other devices. But tonight I did disconnect and reconnect the HP printer WiFi from its Settings screen, and now it's working on my MacBook as well as other devices. Thanks for your help. Although it showed up in HPSmart and not at all in Bonjour, It looks likely that some of the suggestions by Mac Jim ID and/or James Brickley would have accomplished the same thing.

HP Printer shows Offline after Ventura 13.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.