Copy & Paste iPhone to Macbook

I am attempting to copy and paste from MacBook to iPhone and iPhone to MacBook but can't seem to do it. It seems there is an issued with the Bluetooth. My iPhone shows my MacBook as discoverable but I don't see my iPhone discoverable on my MacBook. Help please.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 23, 2023 10:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 12:43 PM

Please review all the requirements described in the Note at the bottom of Copy and paste between devices from your Mac - Apple Support.

There is a lot more to it than Bluetooth alone:

Note: To use Universal Clipboard, your Apple devices must meet Continuity system requirements. They must also have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Handoff turned on in System Settings (on your Mac) and in Settings (on your iOS and iPadOS devices). You must be signed in with the same Apple ID on all your devices.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 12:43 PM in response to unknownappleuser7

Please review all the requirements described in the Note at the bottom of Copy and paste between devices from your Mac - Apple Support.

There is a lot more to it than Bluetooth alone:

Note: To use Universal Clipboard, your Apple devices must meet Continuity system requirements. They must also have Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and Handoff turned on in System Settings (on your Mac) and in Settings (on your iOS and iPadOS devices). You must be signed in with the same Apple ID on all your devices.

Copy & Paste iPhone to Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.