Battery Health drainage in 11 pro

Few weeks ago, everything was going good. My battery health was 86%. Don’t know why my IPhone 11 pro starts heating up during charging and its battery health reduced to 82% in just 3 weeks. Can anyone let me whats going on with it as I am using Apple 20 watt charger with it. Then whats the problem and what should I do?

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 7:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 24, 2023 7:44 AM

At 82% it is likely reaching the end of its service life, at least for "normal" use.

Go to this web site for information about how to request battery service for your iPhone: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

For cost and availability, enter your model information in the "Get an estimate" box at the bottom. (I will let you do this since the answer will depend upon the country where you are located.)

See this excerpt from the "Your battery's maximum capacity" section of the support article: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

"A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge." In other words, if it is below 80% maximum capacity, it is below normal performance. You can still use it but you may wish to consider having it changed.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 24, 2023 7:44 AM in response to Huzyfa007

At 82% it is likely reaching the end of its service life, at least for "normal" use.

Go to this web site for information about how to request battery service for your iPhone: iPhone Battery Repair & Replacement - Apple Support

For cost and availability, enter your model information in the "Get an estimate" box at the bottom. (I will let you do this since the answer will depend upon the country where you are located.)

See this excerpt from the "Your battery's maximum capacity" section of the support article: iPhone Battery and Performance - Apple Support

"A normal battery is designed to retain up to 80% of its original capacity at 500 complete charge cycles when operating under normal conditions. The one-year warranty includes service coverage for a defective battery. If it is out of warranty, Apple offers battery service for a charge." In other words, if it is below 80% maximum capacity, it is below normal performance. You can still use it but you may wish to consider having it changed.

Battery Health drainage in 11 pro

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.