HomePod is beging configured. Additional settings will be available shortly...

I have homepod 2023

I ended up resetting it and then setting up again but the home app said

“HomePod is beging configured. Additional settings will be available shortly...” for over 7 days :(

I have tried resetting it a few more times since and it still only gets as far as configuring.

My iphone IOS version: 16.4.1

My phone is connect to internet but in app Home, Some times show this message:

Could not change setting.Make sure you're connected to the internet and try again.

I connected VPN or DisConnected but nothing changed.

please help me, I buy the speaker but never can use it....

HomePod, 16

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 12:29 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 25, 2023 2:28 PM

First check this homepod isn’t in a room called default room, if it is change that. See if the status changes.

Unplug the HomePod

Close the Home App on your iPhone.

Reboot your wifi and wait a few minutes, then try resetting network settings on your iPhone: In Settings > General > Transfer or Reset > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Join wifi again after it restarts. Don’t use VPN.

Plug Homepod back in and see if the status changes

If not, you might need to reset homepod using the pressing the top method: Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support

After you’ve done this reset take a look in your iPhone in Settings - Your Name and scroll down to make sure this homepod isn’t there in your listed devices. If it is there, tap on it and “Remove”

Then try setting up again with your iPhone

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 25, 2023 2:28 PM in response to Reihane_F

First check this homepod isn’t in a room called default room, if it is change that. See if the status changes.

Unplug the HomePod

Close the Home App on your iPhone.

Reboot your wifi and wait a few minutes, then try resetting network settings on your iPhone: In Settings > General > Transfer or Reset > Reset > Reset Network Settings. Join wifi again after it restarts. Don’t use VPN.

Plug Homepod back in and see if the status changes

If not, you might need to reset homepod using the pressing the top method: Reset HomePod or HomePod mini - Apple Support

After you’ve done this reset take a look in your iPhone in Settings - Your Name and scroll down to make sure this homepod isn’t there in your listed devices. If it is there, tap on it and “Remove”

Then try setting up again with your iPhone

HomePod is beging configured. Additional settings will be available shortly...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.