Cannot start from beginning

Two issues:-

1. Why cannot I go back to the beginning of a show?? Wanted to go back to S3E1 of Ted Lasso but can't see how to do it. Appreciate help.

Loaded Apple TV+ from Microsoft Store onto my PC to watch there. Same result cannot go back to S3E1 or even S2 and S1. It remembers last episode watched and can only go forward !!!!

2 Can I have more than one person on subscription in same household ?

Thanks in anticipation

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 4:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 7:21 AM

Hi majestic100,

You should be able to watch previous episodes by navigating to the show's description page. You can do so by searching for the TV show:

Search for items in the Apple TV app

1. Open the Apple TV app TV app on your smart TV, streaming device, or gaming console.

2. Navigate to Search, then do any of the following:

• Browse items that appear in trending categories.
• Enter a search term in the search field.

3. Select an item to see ratings, descriptions, and purchase or rental information.

Search in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

If you're seeing unwatched episodes only, place your cursor to the left of the episode and an arrow should appear. Click that arrow to view previous episodes.

We hope that helps.

Take care.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 28, 2023 7:21 AM in response to majestic100

Hi majestic100,

You should be able to watch previous episodes by navigating to the show's description page. You can do so by searching for the TV show:

Search for items in the Apple TV app

1. Open the Apple TV app TV app on your smart TV, streaming device, or gaming console.

2. Navigate to Search, then do any of the following:

• Browse items that appear in trending categories.
• Enter a search term in the search field.

3. Select an item to see ratings, descriptions, and purchase or rental information.

Search in the Apple TV app - Apple Support

If you're seeing unwatched episodes only, place your cursor to the left of the episode and an arrow should appear. Click that arrow to view previous episodes.

We hope that helps.

Take care.

Apr 27, 2023 4:09 PM in response to majestic100

Hey there majestic100,

No problem! We'd like to help by providing a link that shows the limits regarding your question about streaming on multiple devices at the same time: Download and stream shows, movies, and events from Apple TV+, MLS Season Pass, and Apple TV channels

Regarding your issue with not being able to watch past episodes of a show, nor go back to the beginning of an episode you're currently watching, we want to learn more about what's happening. We also want to rule out some other possible causes:

1. What exactly occurs when you try rewinding an episode, or when you try viewing a past episode?
  2. When did this start to occur, and does it only happen with the specific show you mentioned?
  3. Sometimes unexpected behavior can be resolved with a restart. Has one been tried for your Windows PC?
  4. Are both the latest Microsoft updates for Windows and the latest version of Apple TV installed on your Windows PC?
  5. Any issues if you test for the same issue on a different device using your Apple TV+ subscription?

Cheers!

Apr 28, 2023 6:28 AM in response to bruno75

When I open Apple TV+ it shows "up next on Apple TV+2. Ted Lasso BUT the next episode to watch (E3). Can't see how to go back to say E2

Going to "top Chart" where Ted Lasso is No1 and opening, watched episodes are not shown so can't go back.

1. How do you "rewind"
  2. Haven't watched other series to check
  3. PC restarted many times
  4. Running windows 11 which is fully updated BUT now do I ensure the Apple TV+ is up to date? I don't see any "check for updates" option
  5. All OK on IOS. iPad shows ALL episodes

Cannot start from beginning

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.