clean copy of ios 16 but not lose my data and apps

my iphone 13 pro is overheating and started around the update to 16.4. i only just got a pop up warning of to hot yesterday. Apple store refused to replace phone saying doesnt appear to be hardward issue. it appear software. like i didnt already suspect that. they only want to restore my phone manually thinking i have a corrupted software update. however, years ago on another phone i went through that and still phone overheated.

If i do a full back up to my macbook and then do a factory reset to my phone and once up i then restore from my backup on my macbook will that fix the software? Making it a clean copy of my ios system to see if it will stop phone from overheating? Or Will i have to get my cell carrier to really get involved and honor my added warranty on the phone and replace it for safety reasons..

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 10:50 AM

Similar questions

1 reply

Apr 26, 2023 11:17 AM in response to buymeonerose

See this post on erratic syncing. Essentially you want to backup the device, restore as a new device, then restore your backup. You also need to make sure that you have all of your media in your library before you start. I would recommend backing up to both iTunes and iCloud, so if you have trouble restoring from one location you can use the other.

tt2

clean copy of ios 16 but not lose my data and apps

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.