Phone crashed mid update

I was trying to transfer the information from an old phone to another one. I deleted the previous information of the "new" one, backed up the old one and then then began the transfer. The backup was done in finder on a macbook. When I then began the transfer it could not be done due to the "new" phone not being updated so I began doing that instead, via the computer. However mid update the update was "cancelled" and could not be completed which was also when the phone (an iphone 7) completely crashed. It can not be rebooted by pressing volume down and side button or be reached when connecting it to the computer. It will only flash the apple logo briefly when pressing the buttons and be loading for 10 min when connecting to the computer before it disconnects. What should I try next?

Earlier iPhone models

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 8:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 26, 2023 9:14 AM

This one needs "hands on" attention, not online attention.

Make an appointment at the Apple Store or take the phone to an authorized Apple Service shop to let them take a look.

Find Locations

Similar questions

1 reply

Phone crashed mid update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.