Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 6s crashed

Hi i have a iphone 6 s and it wont change from the apple on the screen. I hold the side button and it may go black then it goes back to the apple. If i hold it a long time then the picture of connected to the computer shows support/restore

iPhone 6s, iOS 14

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 8:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 26, 2022 8:30 PM

ItrustJesusChrist Said:

"Iphone 6s crashed: Hi i have a iphone 6 s and it wont change from the apple on the screen. I hold the side button and it may go black then it goes back to the apple. If i hold it a long time then the picture of connected to the computer shows support/restore"

-------

Where to Go from Here:

Restoring your iPhone:

I. Give it a try -- Connect to your computer, and restore through the iTunes, TV, or Music app.

Once Restored...

II. Retrieve your Data:

A. Downloading All of This:

Perform my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

Try Downloading all of iCloud, seeing if it pops up, once downloaded.

and...

B. Enable Photos in iCloud:

On your other devices, enable Photos in iCloud, seeing if they pop up.

and...

C. Learn to Backup:

They become deleted due to extra space being needed. So, take this as a Learning Experience, knowing to always export your photos. To do so, compress them, and then download them to an external drive.

Compressing, and then Decompressing:

1. Create: a Folder
  2. Drag & Drop: all desired files and folders into the folder
  3. Compress: the folder (right-click, and then select "Compress [folder name]"
  4. Drag & Drop: the compressed folder in iCloud
  5. Decompress: the Folder (Double-click the folder)
  6. Open: the Folder

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 26, 2022 8:30 PM in response to ItrustJesusChrist

ItrustJesusChrist Said:

"Iphone 6s crashed: Hi i have a iphone 6 s and it wont change from the apple on the screen. I hold the side button and it may go black then it goes back to the apple. If i hold it a long time then the picture of connected to the computer shows support/restore"

-------

Where to Go from Here:

Restoring your iPhone:

I. Give it a try -- Connect to your computer, and restore through the iTunes, TV, or Music app.

Once Restored...

II. Retrieve your Data:

A. Downloading All of This:

Perform my User Tip: Getting a Quick and Direct "iCloud Drive-to-External Hard Drive" Download - User Tip

Try Downloading all of iCloud, seeing if it pops up, once downloaded.

and...

B. Enable Photos in iCloud:

On your other devices, enable Photos in iCloud, seeing if they pop up.

and...

C. Learn to Backup:

They become deleted due to extra space being needed. So, take this as a Learning Experience, knowing to always export your photos. To do so, compress them, and then download them to an external drive.

Compressing, and then Decompressing:

1. Create: a Folder
  2. Drag & Drop: all desired files and folders into the folder
  3. Compress: the folder (right-click, and then select "Compress [folder name]"
  4. Drag & Drop: the compressed folder in iCloud
  5. Decompress: the Folder (Double-click the folder)
  6. Open: the Folder

Jan 26, 2022 8:31 PM in response to ItrustJesusChrist

ItrustJesusChrist Said:

-------

Troubleshooting iPhone Power:

Visit the following links for tips on troubleshooting this...

I. Try what is on this Link: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch won't Turn on or is Frozen - Apple Support

II. Perform a Restart:

Try Force Restarting your iPhone. Save any information that need be. Then perform the restart.

Go Here: Force Restart iPhone - Apple Support

III. A Few Apple Support Sites that May Help:

Iphone 6s crashed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.