Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

My Memoji button for changing Memoji doesn’t work in messages but works in other apps.

I am trying to change my Memoji in messages using the keyboard. However, the three dots next to my most recently used Memojis does not work when I press on it. It also doesn’t work when you press the apps button and scroll along to press the Memoji button with faces on it. I thought it might need an update. So after updating to the latest iOS 16.4.1, I tried again. But alas. No! Please help!

Side Note: I can change the Memoji in other apps just not messages.

iPhone XR

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 4:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 5:31 AM

Ok! So after a lot of fiddling around, I found out the reason why it wasn’t working was because I had Downtime turned on in the Screen-time section in Settings. One I disabled this- it turned the Memoji’s change button back on in messages. I hope this helps anybody else who comes across the same issue.

Similar questions

2 replies

My Memoji button for changing Memoji doesn’t work in messages but works in other apps.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.