Ventura pdf attachment I add on emails no longer shows as an Acrobat icon

Since upgrading to Ventura pdf attachments I add on emails no longer shows as an Acrobat icon . It has an arrow that says markup? I am not sure how to change the setting and if it is an Acrobat pro app issue.

MacBook Pro 16″, macOS 13.3

Posted on Apr 27, 2023 8:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 6:37 AM

Double check that Acrobat is the default app for opening PDF's. By right clicking a pdf file and select 'Get Info'.

Then choose Open With and select Adobe Reader or Acrobat. Then click on 'Change All'.

If it is already selected, boot into safe mode to allow macOS to run it's diagnostics and fix problems it finds.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2023 6:37 AM in response to laudan

Double check that Acrobat is the default app for opening PDF's. By right clicking a pdf file and select 'Get Info'.

Then choose Open With and select Adobe Reader or Acrobat. Then click on 'Change All'.

If it is already selected, boot into safe mode to allow macOS to run it's diagnostics and fix problems it finds.

Start up your Mac in safe mode - Apple Support

Apr 30, 2023 11:53 AM in response to laudan

laudan wrote:

Since upgrading to Ventura pdf attachments I add on emails no longer shows as an Acrobat icon . It has an arrow that says markup? I am not sure how to change the setting and if it is an Acrobat pro app issue.

Where I work we use MS-Outlook and Exchange for emails, and with Ventura some of the pdf attachments show a generic icon, not the Preview or Acrobat icons we used to see previously. The files seem to open and function properly, however. I did some checks with Apple Mail and see similar behaviors, although some pdfs do show the Preview icon, while others show the generic icon.

I think this is either intended or unintended by Apple, not sure which, but it does not seem to affect any functionality.

Ventura pdf attachment I add on emails no longer shows as an Acrobat icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.