Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Wallpaper

my touch and hold is not responding on my iPhone 12 Pro Max I can not change wallpaper from lock screen

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 9:51 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 21, 2023 6:31 AM

The problem is solved when disabling the passcode feature only. When passcode feature is on especially settings PIN code the press and hold to edit does nothing when I attempt to change wallpaper profiles on Lock Screen! I press and hold on Lock Screen the message appears “unlock to edit” and I swipe up and put pin code and unlocks only to take me to Home Screen. This happens all the time. This could a problem in the software. I’m surprised Apple would be this careless.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 21, 2023 6:31 AM in response to myst225

The problem is solved when disabling the passcode feature only. When passcode feature is on especially settings PIN code the press and hold to edit does nothing when I attempt to change wallpaper profiles on Lock Screen! I press and hold on Lock Screen the message appears “unlock to edit” and I swipe up and put pin code and unlocks only to take me to Home Screen. This happens all the time. This could a problem in the software. I’m surprised Apple would be this careless.

Apr 29, 2023 6:17 AM in response to Larce1907

Go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch, then tap Haptic Touch or 3D & Haptic Touch. Choose the touch duration—Fast or Slow. On an iPhone with 3D Touch, you can also choose the pressure needed—Light, Medium, or Firm. Test your new settings on the image at the bottom of the screen.

Adjust how iPhone responds to your touch - Apple Support (IN)

May 21, 2023 5:24 AM in response to SravanKrA

This feature is damaged on the iphone14 plus and maybe on all iPhones especially when have set up PIN code on Lock Screen. I discovered myself that I have to press and hold on the Lock Screen again/enter passcode pops up instead of swipe to enter passcode after the “unlock to edit” message appears then I’m able to successfully change wallpaper profiles. What’s funny is that if I don’t press and hold after the “unlock to edit” message appears and instead swipe to put passcode then it will only take me to my Home Screen and it does this all the time!. If i haven’t had the time to investigate this issue I wouldn’t have known how to change my wallpaper because the iPhone gallery doesn’t let you change it from there either.

Nov 3, 2023 1:58 AM in response to Larce1907

Hello,

If a hard reboot and other software solutions did not work, the source of the problem is the sensors at the top of the screen. When these sensors are not working properly, you may experience problems such as pressing and holding on the lock screen and changing the wallpaper, or the screen not waking up when notified. Generally, there is a possibility of encountering such problems after screen replacement. If you replace the sensor, your problem will probably be solved.

Sincerely yours.

Nov 5, 2023 12:32 AM in response to Pythagoras91

Thanks for your feedback.

I have actually fixed the problem, the reason was something never expected. It was the protection screen that was broken and for some reason it affects the haptics on the screen. After I did all possible and nothing worked then, once I changed the glass protection the Lock screen edit and even Siri from Lock Screen fixed right away.

Wallpaper

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.