I can't connect my airpods to my iphone.

I can't connect my airpods to my iPhone. I think I've tried just about everything that's been suggested.

Posted on Apr 28, 2023 9:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 3:43 AM

Hey antone2022,

Hmmm that's odd. I'm assuming you've already followed the steps of how to pair your AirPods that Apple says, so my only other thought would be whether or not your AirPods are genuine Apple AirPods?

There are a lot of counterfeit AirPods out there, and sometimes they don't work with your iPhone because of iOS's privacy restrictions. I myself have gotten scammed buying 3rd Gen AirPods, so I understand.

You can identify your AirPods here, using this Apple Support document: Identify your AirPods - Apple Support (IE)

You can also check your AirPods serial number here: Find the serial number of your AirPods - Apple Support (IE)

Hope this helps! This might not be the issue, but there could be a possibility that it is. As said, if this isn't the issue then my suggestion would be to go to your closest Apple Store and have them look at your AirPods.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 29, 2023 3:43 AM in response to antone2022

Hey antone2022,

Hmmm that's odd. I'm assuming you've already followed the steps of how to pair your AirPods that Apple says, so my only other thought would be whether or not your AirPods are genuine Apple AirPods?

There are a lot of counterfeit AirPods out there, and sometimes they don't work with your iPhone because of iOS's privacy restrictions. I myself have gotten scammed buying 3rd Gen AirPods, so I understand.

You can identify your AirPods here, using this Apple Support document: Identify your AirPods - Apple Support (IE)

You can also check your AirPods serial number here: Find the serial number of your AirPods - Apple Support (IE)

Hope this helps! This might not be the issue, but there could be a possibility that it is. As said, if this isn't the issue then my suggestion would be to go to your closest Apple Store and have them look at your AirPods.

Apr 29, 2023 8:40 AM in response to camy_0533

Thanks, camy_0533.

The Airpods are authentic. I'm good to heed your advice and go to an Apple Store as I think it's the case that may be having issues. So, now I'm showing only one Airpod is charging, and when it's also connecting to my iPhone. However, the minute I remove an Airpod, I lose the connection. Really strange, but thank you so much for the assistance. Apple Store, here I come.

Have a wonderful day and weekend!

I can't connect my airpods to my iphone.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.