Downloads are not in folder on iPhone

When I download something it NEVER appears in my folder. Where does it go? How can I view my downloads?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 15

Posted on Apr 29, 2023 3:14 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 19, 2024 8:25 AM

Nope, nope...I've done all that...and cannot find them either. Where on earth are you hiding our downloads? I keep downloading them over and over and over again. THEN every so often, they appear in my photos app and of course then I have a gazillion of them. This is crazy. Why is this so difficult? Today I have tried for hours to get your apps to download my creations to no avail. This is so frustrating.

23 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jan 19, 2024 8:25 AM in response to itsRaymond

Nope, nope...I've done all that...and cannot find them either. Where on earth are you hiding our downloads? I keep downloading them over and over and over again. THEN every so often, they appear in my photos app and of course then I have a gazillion of them. This is crazy. Why is this so difficult? Today I have tried for hours to get your apps to download my creations to no avail. This is so frustrating.

Feb 1, 2024 8:56 AM in response to tasonya985

Hey Apple

heres a revolutionary thought. When I want to download a file, why not just…er…download it to a dedicated download file. A bit like…Microsoft

while you’re at it, maybe devise a simple, sensible, logical filing system. A bit like Microsoft.

your entire approach to saving files is the equivalent of opening the door to a filing room, drop kicking the file into the room, then slamming the door shut.

if you are going to invent a different system to Microsoft (e.g. one that is both logical and easy) then at least make it…logical and easy.

its not rocket science

Apr 29, 2023 3:34 PM in response to shortbutmighty

Welcome to Apple Community Forums!

By default, downloaded files on an iPhone are saved in the Downloads folder in the Files app. Here are the steps to view your downloads:

1. Open the Files app on your iPhone.
  2. Tap on the Browse button at the bottom of the screen.
  3. Tap on the Downloads folder.
  4. You should see all your downloaded files in this folder.

If you still can't find your downloaded files, try checking the Downloads folder on your iCloud Drive or other cloud storage services you may be using. You can also try searching for the filename using the Spotlight search feature on your iPhone.

Additionally, your settings may be configured to save files in a different location. To view this setting:

1. Open Settings Application > Safari > Downloads
  2. You will be able to choose where downloads go when downloading from Safari.

If you're still having trouble finding your downloaded files, please let me know and I'll do my best to assist you further.

Raymond

Sep 9, 2023 1:48 PM in response to shortbutmighty

Not only does it seem that I have to hunt for hours to find my downloads and that’s only if they show up at all or I stumble on them, but what I really wonder is why is it, that when I download a video from particular sites it only asked me what number I would like as in speed and storage of the video itself yet if I choose to download the videos, it instantly takes me to simply a blank page and gives me no indication whatsoever if the download is complete or in progress, or any information for that matter. after that., if like, I said, I stumble on the download, and find it eventually someplace, it is very often not complete, or freezes constantly. Can anyone help me with how to determine when the download of a video is finished when in fact, I am 100% of the time in these cases, looking at a blank screen that does not have any information supplied about upload downloaded zip file or any of the normal information you find when the download is completed, you simply sit on a blank page and if you leave that page, it completely destroys your download apparently because mine are not complete and I can’t just sit and look at the blank page and wonder forever

Sep 9, 2023 1:39 PM in response to shortbutmighty

Not only does it seem that I have to hunt for hours to find my downloads and that’s only if they show up at all or I stumble on them, but what I really wonder is why is it, that when I download a video from particular sites it only asked me what number I would like as in speed and storage of the video itself yet if I choose to download the videos, it instantly takes me to simply a blank page and gives me no indication whatsoever if the download is complete or in progress, or any information for that matter

Downloads are not in folder on iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.