Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Weather issue

When I raise my watch to see the weather on the display screen it never displays the correct location. I’ve set the default city numerous times and it never sticks. One of the main reasons I love my watch is that in morning I can quickly look at the weather just by raising my wrist. I don’t want to have to tap on the app on my watch or phone to see the temperature.

Apple Watch Series 5

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 6:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 9:20 AM

You've missed a number of updates. If you're not seeing an update option in Settings > General > Software Update, use your computer to update your iPhone.

See this --> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes - Apple Support

If you have a Mac, tap the link inside the link to learn how to update using a Mac.

Similar questions

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2023 9:20 AM in response to DoeBirdie

You've missed a number of updates. If you're not seeing an update option in Settings > General > Software Update, use your computer to update your iPhone.

See this --> Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with iTunes - Apple Support

If you have a Mac, tap the link inside the link to learn how to update using a Mac.

May 1, 2023 4:10 PM in response to DoeBirdie

You're welcome. As to message notifications, it depends on whether you're using your iPhone or not using your iPhone. Notifications come to your iPhone OR your Apple Watch, but not to both. If you are using your iPhone and screen is active, the notification will be delivered to your iPhone. If your iPhone is not active (the screen is locked), the notification will come to your watch. This is by design.

You can read more about it here --> Notifications on your Apple Watch - Apple Support

May 1, 2023 3:32 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Wow, thank you. I had no idea my software was so far behind. That does seem to have fixed the weather issue! The only other issue I seem to be having is that my watch doesn’t always notify me via haptics when I get text messages. Any idea how to fix that? My software is all up-to-date on my iPhone, and on my watch and I sometimes get haptics when I get a text message, but not always…

Weather issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.