Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4k Apple TV and Sony Bravia TV Issue

How do I get my Apple 4k TV to turn on my Sony Bravia TV ... currently when I have the Apple 4k connected to the Sony TV, I cannot turn on my Sony TV ... I have to unplug all power to everything and then replug in for things to reset and work once.

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 10:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 30, 2023 7:35 PM

• Open Settings  on Apple TV.
  • Go to Remotes and Devices and enable Turn On Your TV with Your Remote.
  • In your Sony tv settings enable BRAVIA Sync (Look in Channels & Inputs)

Control your TV and volume with the Siri Remote - Apple Support

If you can't control your Apple TV with your home theater or universal remote - Apple Support

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 30, 2023 7:35 PM in response to eliseo1122

• Open Settings  on Apple TV.
  • Go to Remotes and Devices and enable Turn On Your TV with Your Remote.
  • In your Sony tv settings enable BRAVIA Sync (Look in Channels & Inputs)

Control your TV and volume with the Siri Remote - Apple Support

If you can't control your Apple TV with your home theater or universal remote - Apple Support

Jan 31, 2024 10:22 PM in response to eliseo1122

My Sony TV kept shutting off as soon as it was turned on. I thought it may be an HDMI digital "tug of war" between the TV and the Apple TV, or a bad HDMI cable. However, when I would cover my Apple TV remote it would stop doing this, so it really pointed to the Apple TV remote being the problem. After seeing lots of replies on several similar questions, I tried updating firmware and software on TV and Apple TV, as well as charging the remote. Nothing improved. The rebooting of the Apple TV remote was the thing that fixed it for me. Simply holding down the screen button and the Volume Down button at the same time for 5 seconds will trigger the reset of the remote.

4k Apple TV and Sony Bravia TV Issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.