How do I turn off the buttons on my iPhone 14! Pro max that take photo

I hate that the side buttons take photos when I just pickup my ph. Can I call turn that off? iPhone 13 pro max

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 1, 2023 5:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 1, 2023 5:40 PM

Are you referring to accidentally taking a screen shot when you pick up your iPhone? If YES, then please read below:

——-

There is no direct method available to disable taking a screenshot with the use of those buttons. Furthermore, You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here 👉Product Feedback - Apple 

Meanwhile, you can attempt to pick up the iPhone by placing your fingers on different locations of the iPhone OR you can disable the Raise to Wake feature of the iPhone as shown below:

Open Settings ➡️ Display & Brightness ➡️ Raise to Wake: Set this to OFF.

NOTE: When you disable Raise to Wake then the iPhone will not automatically turn ON when you pick up your iPhone and that will prevent an accidental screenshot. The drawback to this is that you will have to turn the screen on manually by using the power on button.

Axel F.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 1, 2023 5:40 PM in response to GrandpaBruce

Are you referring to accidentally taking a screen shot when you pick up your iPhone? If YES, then please read below:

——-

There is no direct method available to disable taking a screenshot with the use of those buttons. Furthermore, You can suggest this feature directly to Apple by leaving a product feedback here 👉Product Feedback - Apple 

Meanwhile, you can attempt to pick up the iPhone by placing your fingers on different locations of the iPhone OR you can disable the Raise to Wake feature of the iPhone as shown below:

Open Settings ➡️ Display & Brightness ➡️ Raise to Wake: Set this to OFF.

NOTE: When you disable Raise to Wake then the iPhone will not automatically turn ON when you pick up your iPhone and that will prevent an accidental screenshot. The drawback to this is that you will have to turn the screen on manually by using the power on button.

Axel F.

How do I turn off the buttons on my iPhone 14! Pro max that take photo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.