Missing FaceID and Passcode in settings

I purchased an iPad Pro M2 12.9 and setup the Face ID during setup however, I cannot modify or delete the Face ID after that as the menu option is not available in settings. I updated the iOS to the latest but still no luck.

iPad Pro (6th generation)

Posted on May 1, 2023 7:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 2, 2023 2:54 AM

ScreenTime restrictions will intentionally restrict access to (or visibility of) some categories of device settings. These restrictions can help to make your device more secure from unauthorised settings changes:

Settings > ScreenTime > Content & Privacy Restrictions > [Allow Changes]

• Passcode Changes - setting to Don’t Allow will completely hide TouchID/FaceID & Passcode settings

• Account Changes - setting to Don’t Allow will inhibit access to iCloud settings, email account settings, all FaceTime settings and Messages account settings

• Mobile Data Changes - setting to Don’t Allow will inhibit access to Mobile Data App-sync’ settings

The default setting for these items is Allow. Setting to Don’t Allow is the more secure setting.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 2, 2023 2:54 AM in response to watson144

ScreenTime restrictions will intentionally restrict access to (or visibility of) some categories of device settings. These restrictions can help to make your device more secure from unauthorised settings changes:

Settings > ScreenTime > Content & Privacy Restrictions > [Allow Changes]

• Passcode Changes - setting to Don’t Allow will completely hide TouchID/FaceID & Passcode settings

• Account Changes - setting to Don’t Allow will inhibit access to iCloud settings, email account settings, all FaceTime settings and Messages account settings

• Mobile Data Changes - setting to Don’t Allow will inhibit access to Mobile Data App-sync’ settings

The default setting for these items is Allow. Setting to Don’t Allow is the more secure setting.

Missing FaceID and Passcode in settings

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.