You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Your payment authorization failed. Please verify your information and try again, or try another payment method.

I just spent hours and days trying to resolve this problem! None of the apple support advisors could help me - I spoke with at least 10 different people and asked to be connected to managers/supervisors/senior advisors - none of them had any idea what was going on! This was very frustrating and surprising as a loyal Apple customer.

Finally I tried a workaround that I saw on another thread that I think worked - when you place the order online use X amount on your apple balance and X amount on a CC - that is the only way it worked for me to place the order. It didn't work with a small amount like $2 on the CC so I put a bigger amount $10 on the CC and remainder balance from Apple account balance. Really strange and weird that Apple has this issue with using account balance.

Fingers crossed now that it will go through and get shipped on time.

Posted on May 2, 2023 6:14 PM

Similar questions

1 reply

May 3, 2023 2:27 PM in response to uma278

Hi uma278,

welcome to the Apple (user-to-user) Community.

Thank you kindly for posting the information about your difficult experience with making a purchase using Apple Account Balance.

Very grateful to know you found a method that worked for you.

Seems you are not the only one; am surprised to learn this is still an issue now.

Many people in the discussion thread (link below) from September last year had similar difficulties: ie: Their orders placed using an Apple Account Balance as payment method all failed.

Discussion thread ... looking for answers

Unable to make a purchase using my apple … - Apple Community

One person kindly posted the method that solved it in his case.

Perhaps it may help others, if they want to try it.

Step 1: call customer support and get your call transferred to sales team

Step 2: Tell them your issue and suggest to them that you will place the order with debit/credit card and ask them to change the payment method. They have the option to do it.

Step 3: Your Order will get processed

All the best :-)

Your payment authorization failed. Please verify your information and try again, or try another payment method.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.