You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

‘Unable to connect to “Homepods’. Issue with Apple TV HD

Hi, I have an Apple TV HD (A1625) and have previously used it with 2 paired Homepod Minis without issue. However, recently (around mid-April 2023), when I try and select the Homepod Mini’s as the temporary audio output, I am presented with the message ‘Unable to connect to “Homepods”.

My TVOS is up to date (16.4.1) as are my Homepods (16.4.1), they are all connected to the same Wi-fi network and the Homepods are visible as an output option on the Apple TV.

I have unpaired, reset and rebooted the Homepods and I have restarted the Apple TV - all without success.

Is anyone able to assist with this? Solutions shown in the Apple Support forums have not worked for me yet. It seems like the Apple TV HD no longer supports Homepods Minis?

Apple TV HD

Posted on May 2, 2023 8:50 PM

Similar questions

7 replies

May 4, 2023 11:10 PM in response to OutofTouch

This is probably due to your iPhone's use of the "Private Wi-Fi Address" feature on your home wifi SSID while setting up your HomePods. It's on by default and notoriously troublesome on mesh setups.

Read this thread: https://discussions.apple.com/thread/254807026?answerId=258963362022#258963362022

I could spend all day out here giving the same solution to 95% of the connection-related HomePod gripes. Good luck with it.

May 4, 2023 7:50 PM in response to Vancouver22

Hi @Vancouver22, thanks for your response. I hadn’t rebooted my wifi  at the time of my initial message. I have now but unfortunately it doesn’t seem to have helped.

Regarding logging out/in of my Apple ID, I have done this on the Apple TV, also with no success for the issue.

I can’t seem to log out of my Apple ID within the Home app but have complete removed, reset and re-added the Homepods in question. The issue still persists.

The fact that my Apple TV can ‘see’ the Homepods as an output source but not connect to them is truly baffling. I can garantee they are on the same network as I have no other network. Presumably this wouldn’t be a 5Ghz and 2.4Ghz wifi channel thing? For additional context, my Homepods don’t connect to my main router directly, I use a Google Nest mesh network throughout the house. Is it worrth trying to reboot all of them too along wit the main router?b

May 7, 2023 12:28 AM in response to OutofTouch

can’t seem to log out of my Apple ID within the Home app but have complete removed, reset and re-added the Homepods in question.

I meant to tell that in order to sign out of HomePods on the home app you need to do this in the HomePod settings. Long press on the HomePod icon - tap on Accessory Details and scroll down to Primary User - tap that to sign out. If bgmeek’s suggestion isn’t working you might want to try going into Network on Apple TV and Forget Network, restart Apple TV then join the network again.

May 8, 2023 10:21 AM in response to OutofTouch

It's natural to have concerns about the safety of your

belongings during a move, especially when you hire professional movers.

Fortunately, there are some simple things you can do to

help ensure that everything arrives at its destination in one piece.

By monitoring your possessions as they're being loaded and

unloaded, taking pictures or videos for reference, keeping an inventory list of

all your items, and using tracking services offered by the moving company if

available, it's possible to make sure that nothing gets lost along the way.

With these tips in mind, you can rest easy knowing that

your stuff is safe and sound on its journey.

[Link Edited by Moderator]

‘Unable to connect to “Homepods’. Issue with Apple TV HD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.