All my incoming Yahoo emails go into trash folder

All my incoming yahoo emails go into trash folder. It’s a pain. What to do? Thanks

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 3, 2023 7:36 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 8:23 AM

See whether the mail messages are going into the trash at Yahoo using the Yahoo webmail interface with the iPhone shut off or offline or not polling for mail, or are only going into trash locally once the iPhone connects to Yahoo. If the former, it’s a Yahoo setting or issue.

iPhone doesn’t have a direct way to even move the messages to the trash—Mac Mail app can be set up with rules to do that, but mail filtering is missing from iPhone—so it’s seemingly unlikely iPhone itself involved in messages going directly to the trash.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2023 8:23 AM in response to Loune52

See whether the mail messages are going into the trash at Yahoo using the Yahoo webmail interface with the iPhone shut off or offline or not polling for mail, or are only going into trash locally once the iPhone connects to Yahoo. If the former, it’s a Yahoo setting or issue.

iPhone doesn’t have a direct way to even move the messages to the trash—Mac Mail app can be set up with rules to do that, but mail filtering is missing from iPhone—so it’s seemingly unlikely iPhone itself involved in messages going directly to the trash.

May 3, 2023 8:29 PM in response to Loune52

Loune52 Said:

"Email yahoo: All my incoming yahoo emails go into trash folder. It’s a pain. What to do? Thanks"

-------

Use a New App Password for Each Device:

Do you use an App Password? If so, try a new App Password. Create a unique on for each device. Remove the current one, and then use the new one instead. Sometimes, changes (i.e. updates) are made to the device, and then mail server syncing becomes an issue (which is what a new App Password it intended to fix). Yahoo! App Password Link: Generate and manage third-party app passwords | Account Help | Yahoo

All my incoming Yahoo emails go into trash folder

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.