Arabic numbers instead of hindi numbers in Arabic keyboard layout

Hello community!

Since i work much with texts and use different layouts, it is so annoying that in arabic keyboard layout used the hindi numbers, so when i type numbers it's hindi numbers, and i could not find a way to make them arabic by default.

Only few arabic countries are actually use hindi numbers, and there is no option to type regular arabic numbers on ios or ipad OS& only switching language. In macOS there is ways to make arabic numbers default, but not in ipad OS. If you can type arabic numbers on virtual keyboard, you cannot do so on Magic keyboard and switching languages is the only solution for me at this time.

iPad pro supposed to be a professional tool for different professions, and it is great, but because of this small option absence it makes it hard to type lot of text with numbers quickly(((

If there is a way to change this in settings, hope for a guide. If not, hope to make such important option in further iOS and iPad OS releases.

iPad Pro, iPadOS 16

Posted on May 3, 2023 8:32 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 11:39 AM

Abazid wrote:

mostly i type using ipad's magic keyboard.

Thanks for that extra info, it makes a huge difference.

For a hardware keyboard, all you have to do is go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge for Arabic and make sure that you have "Arabic 123" checked (and Not "automatic").

To ask Apple to add more options for the screen keyboard, you can use

http://www.apple.com/feedback

and in the meantime look in the app store for an alternative. Check the Keyman app.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2023 11:39 AM in response to Abazid

Abazid wrote:

mostly i type using ipad's magic keyboard.

Thanks for that extra info, it makes a huge difference.

For a hardware keyboard, all you have to do is go to settings > general > keyboard > hardware keyboard and tap over at the right edge for Arabic and make sure that you have "Arabic 123" checked (and Not "automatic").

To ask Apple to add more options for the screen keyboard, you can use

http://www.apple.com/feedback

and in the meantime look in the app store for an alternative. Check the Keyman app.

Arabic numbers instead of hindi numbers in Arabic keyboard layout

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.