update problem

stopped on verifying security response screen cannot do anything been there for 2 hours ,cannot even shutdown or change wifi to make the update happen

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 3, 2023 8:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2023 8:56 PM

Yanja Said:

"update problem: stopped on verifying security response screen cannot do anything been there for 2 hours ,cannot even shutdown or change wifi to make the update happen"

-------

Being Stuck in a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone apparently is stuck in a boot loop. And this typically happens when an update install stalls while in the process.  So, refer to my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2023 8:56 PM in response to Yanja

Yanja Said:

"update problem: stopped on verifying security response screen cannot do anything been there for 2 hours ,cannot even shutdown or change wifi to make the update happen"

-------

Being Stuck in a Boot Loop:

Your iPhone apparently is stuck in a boot loop. And this typically happens when an update install stalls while in the process.  So, refer to my User Tip: How to Fix an iPhone in a Boot Loop - User Tip

May 10, 2023 3:31 PM in response to TheLittles

I’ve tried all the suggestions of reading up button, down button, power button but my iPhone 14Pro can’t power off or even call emergency services because the “verifying Security Response” just keeps spinning & blocks the screen completely. I tried tech support. After using my credit card to pay $2, I was then asked to pay $29 more & to call the support server. My old iPhone 10 I’m using to try to get support is not connected to a provider so I can’t call anyone or even text, but there was no option to explain that so I just left that page. Meanwhile I can hear them trying to text on the stuck phone.

update problem

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.