hide alerts not working on group message

I am having an issue with hide alerts on my iPhone 12 pro max.I have one group message that I have enabled hide alerts on. Unfortunately, I am still getting alerts on that thread. My other group message that I hide alerts on works perfectly. It’s just this one group message, and it’s really annoying because people respond all the time. I have tried restarting my phone. I have toggled the hide alerts on and off. It’s just this one thread, and it seems rather odd. It started about a month ago. HELP!

iPhone 12 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 3, 2023 9:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 24, 2023 6:49 AM

Same here. It was fine UNTIL I updated. Now I’m getting alerted and it still shows “hide alerts.”

Similar questions

9 replies

May 6, 2023 10:49 AM in response to sherrilynn57

Hello sherrilynn57,

Thanks for reaching out to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like you are having an issue with the option to hide the message alerts for a group.

Ensure your phone is up to date. This will get your device on the latest iOS version available. Once you have updated, test to see if the issue is still going on. 

Update your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If the issue is still going on, check out this article to Use Messages on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to delete the conversation and have a member of the group send a response to the group to see if you get the alert.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care!

hide alerts not working on group message

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.