Automator action to save list of open finder tabs/windows?

Hi, I'm new to Automator (not a programmer's mind at all).

Is there an action available, or can someone tell me how to:

Save a text file of ALL open finder windows/tabs to my iCloud Drive?

Would be nice if the txt filename could be the date and it could be saved to a specific folder on my iCloud Drive. For instance (in Folder Open Tabs, file named May 5 2023.txt)

Also nice if it could run automatically every night when I shut my Mac down.

I'm currently running Monterey 12.6.3 (21G419)

See attached screen grab of what I want to capture...

Thanks in advance!

iMac 27″, macOS 12.6

Posted on May 5, 2023 9:14 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

May 5, 2023 12:06 PM in response to Luis Sequeira1

I thought Automator was sort of easy... get a list of open finder tabs... send it to a txt file... place it here...

I want it because we now live in a place with a nice pool and when it's nice out I'd like to work there on my laptop. All of my work in on an external SSD. Since I can't get to my files outside of my home network I have to shut down the Mac, take the SSD with me. I do have my Mac set to re-open folders. Once in a great while that doesn't work (or once I accidentally ejected the drive), and I lost track of all my open folders. I work on a lot of jobs at the same time and it's convenient to have the folders all right there. Just thought it would be convenient to have a list when I'm working on the much smaller screen, and just as a backup. Helps me remember to invoice, too.

Automator action to save list of open finder tabs/windows?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.