How to install YouTube and Facebook on iOS 12.5.7

juy tell pg

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Posted on May 5, 2023 11:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 15, 2023 3:02 AM

Totally wrong, You Can Install Facebook and YouTube by Using Apple ID that previously download had FB and YT installed,

Today I Still Use iPhone 5s and Don't Have Any Problem Installing FB, YT, Twitter, Instagram even Tiktok and Capcut

Yes Some Newest Apps Required IOS 13.0 / 14.0 / 15.0 as minimum requirements but in General 12.5.7 still usable.

89 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 15, 2023 3:02 AM in response to ProustGiulio

Totally wrong, You Can Install Facebook and YouTube by Using Apple ID that previously download had FB and YT installed,

Today I Still Use iPhone 5s and Don't Have Any Problem Installing FB, YT, Twitter, Instagram even Tiktok and Capcut

Yes Some Newest Apps Required IOS 13.0 / 14.0 / 15.0 as minimum requirements but in General 12.5.7 still usable.

Mar 26, 2024 5:49 PM in response to fyh194

fyh194 wrote:

Comment installer Facebook sur IOS 12.5.7

Automated translation (from French)

"How to install Facebook on IOS 12.5.7"

You cannot. The current version of the app requires iOS 13.4 or later.

Automated translation (from English to French): "Vous ne pouvez pas. La version actuelle de l'application nécessite iOS 13.4 ou une version ultérieure."

Apr 2, 2024 6:37 AM in response to saiganga

saiganga wrote:

Y not install YouTube on Facebook why come update iPad Ari 12.5.7

Read the thread. It's been explained several times. Simply said however, neither YouTube or Facebook have chosen to continue to support their apps on such old devices, which cannot be updated beyond 12.5.7. They are after all, nearly 10 year old devices, which are too old to be updated.

Feb 18, 2024 8:41 AM in response to Danieldizon21

Danieldizon21 wrote:

piz help me

If your question regards the subject of this thread, you can start by reading the 5 pages (to date) of this thread. You may find that people have already answered your question.

If your question is unrelated to this thread, please start a new thread that's more specific.

Writing an effective Apple Support Communities question – Apple Community

Nov 4, 2023 8:46 AM in response to lobsterghost1

lobsterghost1 wrote:

Jannoorullah wrote:

yes I’m instal Facebook ios12

No, you're not going to install Facebook on an iPhone running iOS 12. If you want Facebook, you need an iPhone which can run iOS 13.4 at a minimum, which an iPhone 6 can't run. Buy a newer iPhone is your ONLY solution.

Someone might have installed an old version of the Facebook app on an iPhone running iOS 12.5.7 – back when the version of the FaceBook app available on the App Store supported iOS 12.5.7 (if it ever did). Whether an old version of the FaceBook app would work with the current FaceBook service is something that I don't know. Maybe, maybe not.

That wouldn't be of any help to someone trying to install the FaceBook app on an iPhone 6 or 6 Plus for the first time, now. As you note, the version of the FaceBook app that Meta offers now is incompatible with their phone.

It's amazing that people still don't seem to get this, this far into the thread.

Nov 12, 2023 10:37 AM in response to eqmalobn

eqmalobn wrote:

Bounjoir im nime youssef pour favor descargar instagram fscebook

An automated translator couldn't make heads or tails out of that … so I'm guessing that you're asking how to run the Instagram and Facebook apps on a phone that can't run a version of iOS recent enough to meet their current requirements.

The answer is that you don't. If versions of the app that are compatible with your phone are no longer available, you do without, or get another phone.

As a workaround, you could try accessing these services using their Web interfaces, and Safari.

Nov 12, 2023 11:43 AM in response to Aritou

If you ever had Facebook or Instagram installed, then most likely it's on your list of purchases. When you head to the Facebook's lodge on the App Store you tap the download icon (the cloud with the down-pointing arrow). Since the minimum supported version is higher then you may be offered to download the last compatible version for your device. The most recent version for iOS 12.5.7 is still working as expected. I'm claiming that with confidence since I upgraded from iOS 12.4 to iOS 15.8 four days ago.

How to install YouTube and Facebook on iOS 12.5.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.