Email Storage

In my iphone storage email app showing 23GB storage consumption even i deleted the app

Posted on May 6, 2023 10:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 6, 2023 11:02 PM

shanijm123 Said:

"Email Storage: In my iphone storage email app showing 23GB storage consumption even i deleted the app"

-------

For reference...

Clear Space.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 6, 2023 11:02 PM in response to shanijm123

shanijm123 Said:

"Email Storage: In my iphone storage email app showing 23GB storage consumption even i deleted the app"

-------

For reference...

Clear Space.

Troubleshooting iPhone Storage:

Internal storage cannot be upgraded. It is what it is. So, the maximum internal storage capacity never increases, even if you upgraded your iCloud plan. Learn More here: What's the Difference Between Device Storage and iCloud Storage? Apple Support

So, what to do...

Clear Space Using my User Tips:

May 6, 2023 11:54 PM in response to shanijm123

shanijm123 Said:

"that iphone iam using icloud.com email if any problem with this no gmail attached: give me more details about this"

-------

More On iCloud Mail:

When iCloud eMail is deleted from your Mail account, all downloaded data of this is removed from the iPhone. All of the mail will remain on Apple's servers, as long as you do not delete your Apple Account. Note that once an iCloud eMail address has been created, it can not be changed. Your only option from there is to create an alias for privacy purposes.

A. Links to Use:

B. Keep an Eye on Mail to Be Certain it is Up and Running: Apple - Support - System Status

C. Screenshot of Step 5 from my Above Reply:

May 6, 2023 11:13 PM in response to shanijm123

shanijm123 Said:

"there is no email accounts now, removed now also showing same"

-------

Troubleshooting Mail App Storage:

A. Remove third Party Apps:

Are you using any third-party eMail app (i.e. gmail)? If so, then you'd need to remove those too.

B. Getting this to Work as Desired:

Set this up anew, as if you were to sell it. Perform as instead here, including the iCloud logout:  What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Backup what need be, prior to performing this. All would go to default, and the bugs and glitches would be expected to go away. Take a screenshot of every Home Page, and them eMail them to yourself. In doing so, you can have something to refer to when adding your apps and widgets back: Take a Screenshot on your iPhone - Apple Support

Email Storage

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.