How can I stop the tracking

I just received notification that I’m being tracked. How can I stop it? And how can I find out where it came from?

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 8, 2023 12:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 3:23 AM

Hey Shawn_Ro,

I don't think this is an AirPods issue, but an AirTag problem. Go into the 'Find My' app on your iPhone >> Tap Items >> Scroll to the bottom >> Tap Items Detected With You. Items that have recently triggered an unwanted tracking alert will be listed. If the option to play a sound isn't available, the item might not be with you anymore, might be near its owner, or if it was with you overnight, its identifier might have changed.

Here is an Apple Support document that goes into further detail: What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

Hope this helps! :D

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2023 3:23 AM in response to Shawn_Ro

Hey Shawn_Ro,

I don't think this is an AirPods issue, but an AirTag problem. Go into the 'Find My' app on your iPhone >> Tap Items >> Scroll to the bottom >> Tap Items Detected With You. Items that have recently triggered an unwanted tracking alert will be listed. If the option to play a sound isn't available, the item might not be with you anymore, might be near its owner, or if it was with you overnight, its identifier might have changed.

Here is an Apple Support document that goes into further detail: What to do if you get an alert that an AirTag, Find My network accessory, or set of AirPods is with you - Apple Support

Hope this helps! :D

How can I stop the tracking

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.