iPhone backup

I am on the free 5 GB iCloud plan. My iPad is taking up 3.1 so some free GB left. My iPhone keeps telling me that I don't have enough storage space to do the next backup. It tells me my backup is 3.1 GB out of 5????

iPhone 14, iOS 16

Posted on May 8, 2023 4:50 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 6:05 AM

Backing up your iPhone is essential to ensure that your data is safe in case of any mishap. There are several ways to backup your iPhone, including using iCloud or iTunes. With iCloud, you can set up automatic backups, which will backup your iPhone data wirelessly over the internet. This is convenient as you do not need to physically connect your iPhone to a computer. However, iCloud storage is limited, and you may need to purchase additional storage if you have a lot of data. Another option is to backup your iPhone using iTunes, which requires you to connect your iPhone to a computer using a USB cable

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2023 6:05 AM in response to Leslieb912

Backing up your iPhone is essential to ensure that your data is safe in case of any mishap. There are several ways to backup your iPhone, including using iCloud or iTunes. With iCloud, you can set up automatic backups, which will backup your iPhone data wirelessly over the internet. This is convenient as you do not need to physically connect your iPhone to a computer. However, iCloud storage is limited, and you may need to purchase additional storage if you have a lot of data. Another option is to backup your iPhone using iTunes, which requires you to connect your iPhone to a computer using a USB cable

iPhone backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.