Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Face ID and associated passwords

This has happened several times-I start a new account or update password in an old one, then switch to face ID Later, I need to log into the same account using the password and it is nowhere to be found, yet face ID still logs in. Where do I find the Face ID password? Why is iPhone not saving this in a retrievable location?

iPhone 14 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 8, 2023 8:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 8, 2023 8:58 PM

RockEdd22 Said:

"Face ID and associated passwords: [...]Where do I find the Face ID password? Why is iPhone not saving this in a retrievable location?"

-------

View the Keychain:

Face ID is accessing your passwords saved in Keychain in your iCloud account. So, using an iPhone, go here: How to Find Saved Passwords and Passkeys On your iPhone - Apple Support

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 8, 2023 8:58 PM in response to RockEdd22

RockEdd22 Said:

"Face ID and associated passwords: [...]Where do I find the Face ID password? Why is iPhone not saving this in a retrievable location?"

-------

View the Keychain:

Face ID is accessing your passwords saved in Keychain in your iCloud account. So, using an iPhone, go here: How to Find Saved Passwords and Passkeys On your iPhone - Apple Support

Face ID and associated passwords

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.