No longer able to add or delete allowed websites on son’s phone

When I select ‘limit adult websites’ for my son’s phone, a list of forty or so adult websites are listed as ‘always allow’. I can’t delete these - if I swipe left, they look to have disappeared but are there again when I go back in to the screen. I also can’t add any websites to the ‘never allow’ section.

Either he’s very savvy to know so many adult websites at the age of 11 or he’s clicked on something dodgy. Either way, whatever has happened means I can’t add or remove allowed websites anymore.

Any idea how I fix this?

Posted on May 9, 2023 7:41 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 9, 2023 7:46 PM

Cartshy88 Said:

"No longer able to add or delete allowed websites on son’s phone: [...]Either he’s very savvy to know so many adult websites at the age of 11 or he’s clicked on something dodgy. Either way, whatever has happened means I can’t add or remove allowed websites anymore. Any idea how I fix this?"

-------

Set this iPhone Up Anew:

If you want to get things safely blocked out, then reset the iPhone to factory settings, as if you were to sell it. Perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Set it up you child's device, and then enable Screen Time.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 9, 2023 7:46 PM in response to Cartshy88

Cartshy88 Said:

"No longer able to add or delete allowed websites on son’s phone: [...]Either he’s very savvy to know so many adult websites at the age of 11 or he’s clicked on something dodgy. Either way, whatever has happened means I can’t add or remove allowed websites anymore. Any idea how I fix this?"

-------

Set this iPhone Up Anew:

If you want to get things safely blocked out, then reset the iPhone to factory settings, as if you were to sell it. Perform as instructed here, including the iCloud logout: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade in your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. Set it up you child's device, and then enable Screen Time.

May 9, 2023 8:01 PM in response to Cartshy88

Cartshy88 Said:

"Thanks - I’ll try that. I bought him a refurb phone as his first phone and I wonder if these settings hadn’t been deleted properly by the previous owner! "

-------

You are welcome.

Using a Locked iPhone:

A. Properly Purchasing an iPhone:

You may have purchased a corrupt iPhone. This is the site the seller should have used prior to selling it to you: What to do Before you Sell, Give Away, or Trade In your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support. They should have known better. So, if you still have access to that seller, have them perform what is on that link, including the iCloud logout.

B. Learn from This:

So, next time you go about purchasing a used iPhone, get one directly from Apple to avoid questionable occurrences..

No longer able to add or delete allowed websites on son’s phone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.