Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web Content Restrictions

We just got an iPhone for my son. We use the screen time and website content restrictions but have discovered that whether you use the limited adult websites option or the allowed websites only option that when you put in a site that is never allowed you get a message that says you cannot browse the page because it is restricted and then right below that you get a (blue) clickable option that says allow website. If you click on the allow website the page closes and it appears that you are restricted but then if you go back into Safari it opens up that page and puts that previously restricted website into the allowed websites. Is there a fix for this? Otherwise the restrictions for web content really do not work.

Posted on Jul 1, 2021 9:55 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2021 6:38 AM

I had the exact same problem as you, MarkK777. It turns out I hadn't set Screen Time to require a passcode for any changes. You can set the code on the Screen Time setting screen, down where it says "Change Screen Time Passcode". Now when I click on the blue text in Safari that says "Allow website" it asks me for the passcode.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2021 6:38 AM in response to Chris_C1

I had the exact same problem as you, MarkK777. It turns out I hadn't set Screen Time to require a passcode for any changes. You can set the code on the Screen Time setting screen, down where it says "Change Screen Time Passcode". Now when I click on the blue text in Safari that says "Allow website" it asks me for the passcode.

Jul 2, 2021 11:59 AM in response to MarkK777

Thanks for reaching out, MarkK777!

It sounds like you're having some concerns with restricting certain websites on your son's iPhone. We can help.

You can Use parental controls on your child's iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch to establish a passcode to enable certain features. You can also add specific websites to an approved or blocked list, or you can limit access to only approved websites.

Give those steps a try, and see if there is any improvement.

We are here for you!

Web Content Restrictions

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.