Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

How can update my iphon6

My iphon6 update

Iphon6 15ios update

iPhone 6

Posted on May 10, 2023 12:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 12:11 PM

Hello,

There are different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device. For an iPhone 6 that is iOS 12.5.7.

This support article has instructions about updating your iPhone or iPad wirelessly --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software: Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

When updating, your device will update to the highest version currently available that it will support, or it will just say it is up to date and won't offer to install anything. Apple indicates ( Unable to update my iPhone 6 Plus from 12… - Apple Community ) I need to point out the obvious and state that if you want to run a higher system version than your current device will run, that you need to buy a newer device.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2023 12:11 PM in response to Bilalsiddique

Hello,

There are different ways to ensure the highest iOS that your device will support is installed on your device. For an iPhone 6 that is iOS 12.5.7.

This support article has instructions about updating your iPhone or iPad wirelessly --> Update your iPhone or iPad - Apple Support

You can also use Mac and PC computers to update system software: Update iOS on iPhone - Apple Support

When updating, your device will update to the highest version currently available that it will support, or it will just say it is up to date and won't offer to install anything. Apple indicates ( Unable to update my iPhone 6 Plus from 12… - Apple Community ) I need to point out the obvious and state that if you want to run a higher system version than your current device will run, that you need to buy a newer device.

How can update my iphon6

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.