Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New iPhone is really slow after iOS update

I just upgraded to the iPhone 14 Pro (256gb) and it’s been great until today. I got it Friday night, so I haven’t even had it a week yet, but now it’s the slowest iPhone I’ve ever had. This is the one and only time I’ve ever had an automatic iOS update (I thought I turned off automatic updates…) but after the update everything is sooo slowww. Storage is fine (like I said, it’s not even a week old) connections are fine… what do I do? I can’t even use it for some things now :(

Posted on May 10, 2023 6:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 10, 2023 7:58 PM

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If that does not help, then take advantage of the 1YR Limited Apple Warranty on your iPhone 14 Pro and contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 10, 2023 7:58 PM in response to gianni333

(1) Try and Force Restart your iPhone EXACTLY as shown below and see whether that resolves the issue:

• Press and quickly release Volume UP button
  • Press and quickly release Volume DOWN button
  • Press and Hold the SIDE button until an Apple logo appears and then release the Side button (Can take up to 20 seconds. (DO NOT release Side Button when invited to Slide Power OFF). 

(2)  If that does not help, then take advantage of the 1YR Limited Apple Warranty on your iPhone 14 Pro and contact 👉 Official Apple Support OR you can always get your iPhone examined at the Apple Store 👉 Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options or at an Authorized Service Center for further diagnosis and a resolution.

Axel F.

May 10, 2023 7:59 PM in response to gianni333

gianni333 Said:

"New iPhone is really slow after iOS update"

-------

Report this as a Bug to Apple:

Do your Part: Provide Apple with feedback on this, letting them know about this issue.  Apple may not get back to you directly, but the more feedback they receive on this, the more they will know what is occurring, and what bug fixes to include in updates to come.

1. Go Here: Feedback - iPhone - Apple
  2. Select: "Bug Report" for the "Feedback Type"
  3. Comment: that this all began after installing an update. Include the URL of this post
  4. Proceed from there as necessary

Feb 23, 2024 10:11 AM in response to gianni333

i dont guarantee it to work but i found this on reddit and it worked for me. Basically you can try turning off automatic updates because since i upgraded from my iphone xs to 13 i had them on and ios 17 started getting laggy and problematic. I searched for iphone 13 specific reason but give it a try and after turning it off reatart your phone. Still have had the same once a day random stutter i had with every iphone i had but its nowhere as bad as ios 17 started lagging 2 minutes after restarting and didnt stop until restarting again.

New iPhone is really slow after iOS update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.