Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Is this amount of screen bleed normal? And will this spread?

I noticed this while im watching youtube shorts by the way this is an ipad mini 6th that my dad bought me 5 days ago and also is this amount of screen bleed normal and also will this spread across my screen. I need a perfect answer please

Posted on May 11, 2023 2:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2023 2:41 AM

Edge-lit LCD backlights will always show some evidence of “backlight bleed” when viewed in a totally darkened room with the backlight intensity increased to high levels - any backlight bleed being invisible in normal ambient lighting conditions.

This is an entirely normal property of this type of LCD screen technology. Due to variations within the manufacturing process, there will be some variation between individual display panels. If you see visible stage-lighting effects in normal lighting conditions, you may then have a fault that requires investigation.

As your iPad is new, if purchased directly from Apple, in most countries/regions you have up to 14-days within which to unconditionally return your iPad for exchange or refund. If you have any concerns whatsoever, you would be well advised to make use of the opportunity while it remains available to you.

You can also have your iPad assessed by the Apple technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2023 2:41 AM in response to bien193

Edge-lit LCD backlights will always show some evidence of “backlight bleed” when viewed in a totally darkened room with the backlight intensity increased to high levels - any backlight bleed being invisible in normal ambient lighting conditions.

This is an entirely normal property of this type of LCD screen technology. Due to variations within the manufacturing process, there will be some variation between individual display panels. If you see visible stage-lighting effects in normal lighting conditions, you may then have a fault that requires investigation.

As your iPad is new, if purchased directly from Apple, in most countries/regions you have up to 14-days within which to unconditionally return your iPad for exchange or refund. If you have any concerns whatsoever, you would be well advised to make use of the opportunity while it remains available to you.

You can also have your iPad assessed by the Apple technicians at the Genius Bar of your local Apple Store or Apple Authorised Service Provider (AASP):

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Is this amount of screen bleed normal? And will this spread?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.