E Mail address problems

I Share an Apple ID with my spouse. When I send an email via iPhone/ iPad, using my personal@iCloud.com address, any responses to this email, places her name at the top with my personal address in parentheses. When I go back and check my sent mail, it is correctly sent from me, to the recipient and at no time does my spouse’s email address appear. Recipients then send an email back to our account addressed to my spouse

Any suggestions

Thanks

Posted on May 11, 2023 12:24 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 11, 2023 4:25 PM

As your devices are sharing a common AppleID for iCloud, you’ll encounter all kinds of issues and unpredictable behaviour - including unintentional and/or unwanted sharing of sensitive/private information (including Messages). You’ll not be able to reliably maintain any kind of data separation.

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). 

You would be best advised to separate your digital identities and configure and use a new AppleID for your yourself or spouse.

After separating your identities, you can continue to selectively share purchased Apple Services, Subscriptions, Apps and Media using Apple’s Family Sharing features - should you choose to do so:

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

Similar questions

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 11, 2023 4:25 PM in response to Mpoy

As your devices are sharing a common AppleID for iCloud, you’ll encounter all kinds of issues and unpredictable behaviour - including unintentional and/or unwanted sharing of sensitive/private information (including Messages). You’ll not be able to reliably maintain any kind of data separation.

The Golden Rule: Don’t share an AppleID between users. Each user should have their own AppleID for their own exclusive use - linked to their own primary email (and secondary/recovery email addresses and trusted telephone numbers). 

You would be best advised to separate your digital identities and configure and use a new AppleID for your yourself or spouse.

After separating your identities, you can continue to selectively share purchased Apple Services, Subscriptions, Apps and Media using Apple’s Family Sharing features - should you choose to do so:

Family Sharing - Apple

Set up Family Sharing – Apple Support

Share App Store, iTunes Store and Apple Books purchases with Family Sharing – Apple Support

How to create a new Apple ID – Apple Support

https://www.imore.com/how-set-up-family-sharing-iphone-ipad

E Mail address problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.