Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Find my iphone

My iPhone got stolen and I wanted to erase everything on it. However, I'm still anxious that someone will access it and view my media. I got the following email after I erased it via my MacBook Find My application. Can anyone confirm that this means everything has been deleted pleaseeee.

iPhone 12 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on May 12, 2023 11:23 AM

1 reply

May 15, 2023 3:22 PM in response to Findmyiphonehelpme

Hey there Findmyiphonehelpme,

The first thing we wanted to make sure you had were the next steps to take as your iPhone was stolen: If your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch is lost or stolen

Regarding your question about erasing it, there are some finer details in step 5 of the article. As the details in this step points out, if you have iOS 15 or later installed on your iPhone, you can still use Find My to locate it, or play a sound on it. If you had an older iOS version installed, and you erased it, then you wouldn't be able to use those two aforementioned features.

With the above details in mind, we still recommend taking all of the remaining steps(if you haven't yet) from the above article as recommended by Apple.

Cheers!

Find my iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.