iPhone 13 Pro Max Green Screen

Hello, I have a green screen problem on my iPhone 13 pro max. I can't see anything on the whole screen, the screen is green. When I called AppleCare, they said the whole display needs to be changed, but unfortunately, my warranty expired two months ago. The display has to spend a lot of money. This is not my fault and I hope for a fair reply.

What should I do now??

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 13 Pro Max, iOS 16

Posted on May 12, 2023 6:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 11, 2023 12:04 PM

I have purchased Iphone 13Pro max on MAY 2022 with RS140000. Recently I have updated the software to 16.5 version, from then my mobile is getting green screen issue. I have visited apple authorized service centers they have diagnosis the phone and confirm that issue is not with external damage. As warrant expires in 1year they are saying it will coast more then 30K for screen replacement.

I tried with apple customer support for help regarding the problem(root cause is 16 version updated by apple)they are saying we can't help you because it not there in Apple Services Programmers.

NOTE : I lost the Internal storage during diagnosis. I am very disappointing, I lose my faith in Apple Products.

Similar questions

43 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Oct 11, 2023 12:04 PM in response to kushini_Thathsarani

I have purchased Iphone 13Pro max on MAY 2022 with RS140000. Recently I have updated the software to 16.5 version, from then my mobile is getting green screen issue. I have visited apple authorized service centers they have diagnosis the phone and confirm that issue is not with external damage. As warrant expires in 1year they are saying it will coast more then 30K for screen replacement.

I tried with apple customer support for help regarding the problem(root cause is 16 version updated by apple)they are saying we can't help you because it not there in Apple Services Programmers.

NOTE : I lost the Internal storage during diagnosis. I am very disappointing, I lose my faith in Apple Products.

Sep 19, 2023 2:18 AM in response to kushini_Thathsarani

Same issue here. My 13 pro max was working fine until I updated to iOS 16.6.1.

Now I have the exact same screen issue. Not just a bunch of people, but thousands of people across the world are facing this issue and Apple is just being mum about it. What should the customers do >????? Why would I pay INR 33,000 for screen replacement when it was caused by official software update!!!!! Apple should address this issue. I I am not speaking for everyone but at least I am literally suffering and losing confidence in Apple.

Sep 26, 2023 2:14 PM in response to kushini_Thathsarani

Same thing happening with my iPhone 13 mini after iOS update. Done full factory restore. No physical damage or liquid damage to phone. Phone screen just stopped working while phone was sitting next to me on desk. Phone only 15 months old. I was reading that repaired or refurbished iPhones display hardware can have validation errors with iOS updates. I am wondering if many of these phones (I have a green iPhone 13 mini) were sold mid cycle and could have been using refurbished parts?

Jul 5, 2023 6:26 AM in response to greenscreen_iphone13promax

Hello,

I updated my iOS last in March and after the update, my display went green. I contacted Apple support and even made a few visits to the Apple store. As my phone was 3 months out of warranty they were charging me for the display repair at that time (INR 25,500) as they told me it is a hardware issue and it isn't related to software. There was no physical damage or liquid contact as written in the diagnosis report by the engineer. I connected my iPhone to my MacBook and updated the software and factory reset it a couple of times and my display was back to normal without spending a single penny which clearly suggests it isn't a hardware issue at all. Now after using it for a month, I got the same issue of a green display and this time I am unable to get the display back to normal. I request you to kindly help as I am not willing to spend more money after buying such a costly phone after just a year and I believe Apple should be covering this cost of repairs for its customers as it is clearly a manufacturing defect.

I just got my display repaired from Apple as there was no other option to opt for. I had to pay INR 25,500 for the repairs unnecessarily as this wasn't my fault. Apple should come up with a service program for iPhone 13 Pro and Pro Max customers facing similar green display issues after the software update and accept that it is a product failure caused by faulty display ICs. Can anyone help me escalate this issue further to the Apple hierarchy?

Thank you!

Jul 2, 2023 10:35 AM in response to kushini_Thathsarani

Any updates about this concern? Any resolution? I have encountered the same issue JUST NOW. :(

kushini_Thathsarani wrote:

Hello, I have a green screen problem on my iPhone 13 pro max. I can't see anything on the whole screen, the screen is green. When I called AppleCare, they said the whole display needs to be changed, but unfortunately, my warranty expired two months ago. The display has to spend a lot of money. This is not my fault and I hope for a fair reply.

What should I do now??
https://discussions.apple.com/content/attachment/4a8a03da-fa47-448f-bcd4-a4fb21462d09

Oct 11, 2023 11:48 PM in response to anghelbabes

The software is completely compatible with all supported models; your display may have simply failed, and the failure happened to coincide with the update.

Make an appointment with your local Apple Store:

Genius Bar Reservation and Apple Support Options - Apple

Or contact Apple Support directly for further assistance:

Contact - Official Apple Support

May 25, 2023 2:16 AM in response to TheLittles

@TheLittles

Not sure where you missed it but everyone's experience is that there were no outside factors that could possibly cause their screen to break. Here's the diagnosis result I got from an authorized service center. For one, the repair cost is not 100$, it's $500 more or less (mine is $480+). And as indicated in the diagnosis report, no indications of liquid spill/water damage, and no physical damage. So how come it broke in 15 months with normal usage? Is that how long Iphones are going to last moving forward? Not worth $1500 if you ask me.

iPhone 13 Pro Max Green Screen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.