iOS keyboard in decline?

Is it me, or has the keyboard been getting worse and worse over time? No more 3D Touch. Text selection has become practically useless. Cursor control (placement), is an abomination. Auto-correct tries waaaaaay too hard when you don’t want it, but when you need it - it’s non existent. Am I going crazy? Any suggestions? iPhone 13 Pro 16.4.1(a)

iPhone 13 Pro, iOS 16

Posted on May 13, 2023 6:20 AM

1 reply

May 26, 2024 3:17 AM in response to _LongJohnSilver_

It's not just you. It is the one thing that can singlehandedly turn me to sell my Apple Watch 9, my iPhone 15 and Airpods pro 2 for something else with a functional input system. Every day is a struggle trying to fight the autocorrect to let you type what you wish to type. I use the backspace button more than I use any other key, trying to fight the worst suggestions possible. It's amazing that trillion dollar company can't produce a functional keyboard app and they prohibit other apps from adding functional keyboard apps to their app store. I can't make sense out of this. It can't be this bad unless it is deliberate.

iOS keyboard in decline?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.