has apple enabled rotating photos in icloud

Posted on May 13, 2023 12:32 PM

4 replies

May 14, 2023 11:08 AM in response to dairygary

Photos can be rotated only from photo application of Mac Photo editing basics in Photos on Mac - Apple Support , this will automatically change the photo in normal position in iCloud also you have to set up photo library Set up and use iCloud Photos - Apple Support those photos will sync with iCloud , there is no such feature to rotate photos directly from iCloud.com , send your feedback Feedback - iCloud - Apple

May 14, 2023 8:21 AM in response to muguy

It means if my photo is upside down or sideways, has apple added the capability to the edit function to rotate the photo so it is in the proper orientation. Microsoft's One Drive has this capability. So, why is Apple not supplying this feature to iCloud? It is such a pain to delete the photo, then go to the source of that photo and rotate it there and then send it back to iCloud. I googled this issue and found that it claimed that iCloud supposedly has the photo rotation buttons at the bottom of the picture when it's in the edit function, but I did not find this to be true when I checked. So I am puzzled.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.