Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

Seagate Hard Drive No Working

com.apple.DiskManagement.disenter error 49153

i just updated my mac to Mac Ventura 13.3.1 , and my seagate hardrive isn't mounting.

I connected it to my dads windows pc and it works perfectly, so if i can't fix this I am switching to windows.

I have searched all through youtube for ideas, but nothing is working and i am worried if i might accidently clear the hardrive. I have checked all cords this dumb pc doesn't have usb ports so i had to buy a adapter that works, and i have tesed it with my usb and everything works. It's only the seagate hardrive it will not mount, and i have no idea how to backup everything and i do not know how to use timemachine, so i just need something to help fix .

I got the mac because I used it during grade school, for about 5 years. Also before some updates i was able to play some 32bit games ex. MW2(2009) and some steam games, then update and they disbanded that. My mac can't play 64 bit games ( it can't play minecraft )

I need help mounting my hardrive back. Give me a reason to keep my mac.

The screenshots shows the problem. I updated my mac 3/12/23 at 12pm and i went to bed and came back to this, and i was mad. The funny part is that windows runs the hardrive with no problem.

Posted on May 13, 2023 10:04 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 14, 2023 8:28 PM

jkholcom01 wrote:

How Come Windows Pc Works without a problem. I just plug it into the windows pc and it works perfect, but mac nope.

Because the drive is formatted NTFS for Windows as explained by steve626 above.

Similar questions

8 replies

May 13, 2023 10:37 PM in response to jkholcom01

Your drive shows as format NTFS. That's a Windows NT File System (NTFS). To use such a drive on a Mac one must have a compatible NTFS driver or software tool installed on the Mac. Do you recall which one you use for your drive? Paragon has one, I believe there may be a small fee to use it. There may be others that might be free or also can be purchased for a small fee.

When one updates the Mac (you just did this), the NTFS drives will still mount normally unless the NTFS driver or software is an older version in which the drive won't mount until you install an updated or new current driver.

You can start by visiting the Paragon web page to see what your options are, or even better is to find out which driver you were already using and update it so it is compatible.

You can throw your Mac away but that doesn't make sense just for updating your MacOS but not updating the NTFS driver first.

May 15, 2023 2:42 AM in response to steve626

I have been using this hard drive on this pc for almost 2 years since around Feb 2020, no problems, no corruption, until recently my Mac updated and decided not to mount the hard drive. I am too scared to restore or do anything because it might delete my stuff, and I have no idea how to back up what's on the hard drive, ( holds pics from vacation, etc, and some music most content is from my PlayStation. ) I do not have money for any services or fees, so I might end up selling my mac for windows. I have had no problems with the Seagate hard drive. I have the NTFS on my banner to check devices and drives, but nothing will mount it. It is 100% Mac update fault, and my fault for being too stupid.

How do I redo a Mac update and go back?

Seagate Hard Drive No Working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.